This is an easy art project for all ages and produces beautiful end results. You can make lovely pictures or greetings cards using this approach. I have also bought plain sandwich bags and decorated with butterflies to make special party bags. I also like the idea of trying it with fabric paints on a T-Shirt, calico bag or tea towel.
Time: 5 minutes
Age: All ages
Paints in squeezy tubes
Low cost materials
- Fold paper in half vertically and re-open
Paper folded and ready for paint
- Squeeze paint from tube onto one vertical half of the paper. If you're making a butterfly, squeeze paint into a top wing and a bottom wing outline (e.g. like a letter "B" shape on the right hand side of the crease).
Squeeze paint into a wing outline
- Decorate within the wing outline with some spots and squiggles of different colours
Don't be afraid to get messy with your fingers
- Now fold the paper over and press down carefully
- Open up to reveal your beautiful symmetrical butterfly
Why not try some other designs e.g. a flower or a heart? Post a picture of your own creation in the comments section here.
A bright surprise inside this greetings card
Butterfly party bag made with paper sandwich bag and some coloured cellophane inside then filled with party treats
This effect is superb for all ages and each one is orginal due to using your own texture markings l have done this with a cross Age people and all abilities The effects are so individual .Depending on thickness of the paper you use it can be use a good starting point and to assist people with ' White Fright '
When people say can't paint 🎨
I have assisted people in creating some fab effects the results are so original and satisfying . CreativeLee