Here’s how to make a beautiful hanging decoration from plaster of Paris. You can hang it in your room or on a Christmas tree.
Time: 10 minutes plus 24 hours to dry fully
Age: 5-10's, Over 10's
Materials - Empty pots or yoghourt pots,
- Plaster of Paris,
- A straw,
- Ribbon or string.
We gathered acorns for decorations
Making plaster decorations with acorns and sequins
Method - Mix plaster of Paris with water.
- Pour it into your pot and tap it gently.
- Wait a few minutes then ad decorations.
- If you want to make a hole for a hanging decoration put a straw in witch you can pull out later.
Add a straw to make a hole - you can pull out the straw when set
- Leave to set for a few hours before popping out of the mould.
- When finished put string or ribbon through the hole to finish it.