As a kid, I would welcome Easter eggs with open arms. But then when I came to opening it, I would be disappointed. Hey, what happened to the inside? This egg is hollow! I felt cheated. Offered so much, yet received so little.
But why settle for hollow eggs when you can create your own ginormous solid 1kg egg at home. Use whatever chocolate or flavourings you like, and that way there's no disappointments.
Plus, it's lots of fun getting messy with chocolate.
As it involves using a stove, young children should have parental help/supervision.
: 1hr 40 mins, plus 1hr 20mins - 2hrs setting time
: Any Age
1. Melt 100g dark chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
2. Pour the melted chocolate onto the slab and spread it about.
3. Add a few squares of the remaining dark chocolate, and spread it about until melted.
4. Pour the chocolate back into the bowl, and put back on the heat.
5. Add a few more squares of chocolate until melted.
6. Pour the chocolate back on the slab, and repeat this process until all the dark chocolate has melted.
Copyright 2012,2013,2014 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226.