This is an easy art project for all ages and produces beautiful end results. You can make lovely pictures or greetings cards using this approach. I have also bought plain sandwich bags and decorated with butterflies to make special party bags. I also like the idea of trying it with fabric paints on a T-Shirt, calico bag or tea towel.
: 5 minutes
: All ages
Low cost materials
- Fold paper in half vertically and re-open
Paper folded and ready for paint
- Squeeze paint from tube onto one vertical half of the paper. If you're making a butterfly, squeeze paint into a top wing and a bottom wing outline (e.g. like a letter "B" shape on the right hand side of the crease).
Squeeze paint into a wing outline
- Decorate within the wing outline with some spots and squiggles of different colours
Don't be afraid to get messy with your fingers
- Now fold the paper over and press down carefully
- Open up to reveal your beautiful symmetrical butterfly
Why not try some other designs e.g. a flower or a heart? Post a picture of your own creation in the comments section here.
A bright surprise inside this greetings card
Butterfly party bag made with paper sandwich bag and some coloured cellophane inside then filled with party treats